What Can I Eat After Dental Implant Surgery?
You must know what foods can be consumed after dental implant Turkey surgery. Which food, how much, or how you consume it also dramatically affects the success of your implant surgery. There are also some recommendations of our specialist dentists for nutrition after implant surgery.
After implant surgery, you should not consume anything until the anesthetic agent‘s function has passed. Otherwise, you will be more likely to bite incorrectly due to numbness in your cheeks and lips. You are incredibly meticulous about nutrition during the few months after implant surgery helps you a lot. You must contribute to your healing process by consuming soft-based foods that aren’t cold or hot in any way, especially in this process, which is the process of boiling the titanium material into your jawbone. If you have also been treated with sutures, you should also avoid tough foods. Therefore, you need to be very careful about your nutrition after implant surgery.
How Should I Feed After Implant Surgery?
- You should not consume hard foods in any way after dental implants in Turkey. Instead, you should consume as many nutritious, satisfying, vitamin-containing, and soft foods as possible during the first day. Consuming vegetables and fruits, especially rich in vitamin C, significantly contributes to your recovery.
- After implant surgery, consuming soft foods such as cheese, eggs, soup, yogurt, freshly squeezed vegetables or juices, pasta, and oatmeal is highly recommended.
- You can consume fruits such as kiwi, crushed apples, tangerines, oranges, and grapefruits that will contribute significantly to your body in terms of vitamin C.
- For nutrition after implant surgery, you should try to eat soft-based foods instead of hard foods and pureeing hard foods.
- You can easily consume soup, protein-based drinks, and fruit-based smoothies for the first 3-4 days after the implant procedure. During post-implant feeding, you should definitely stay away from hard foods such as nuts and chips. Also, it would help if you didn’t consume cigarettes or alcohol.
If you spend the first 1-2 weeks following the above recommendations after implant surgery, you can switch to slightly more solid foods such as grilled fish, omelette, boiled chicken, and steamed vegetables in the next stage. In addition to all this, you should carefully follow your dentist‘s recommendations for nutrition after implant surgery.
Nutrition Tips After Implant Surgery
- Don’t eat or drink anything for several hours after implant surgery.
- During the feeding process after the implant procedure, don’t consume scorching drinks on the first day after the surgery. Instead, you should only eat soft and warm foods.
- You can apply light pressure to the problem area with a soft and sterile tampon to stop possible bleeding. The evening after the procedure, never brush or gargle your teeth. Be sure to clean your mouth using saltwater or mouthwash twice a day for 1.5-2 weeks, starting 35-36 hours after the procedure.
- If your dentist has prescribed analgesic or antibiotic medications, use them as recommended. If you have any problems or any questions, don’t hesitate to ask your dentist in detail.
- You must follow the nutritional recommendations after implant surgery because the implant procedure is an intense treatment. That‘s why you have to be extremely careful. You can contact us with all your questions about implant surgery.
You can click https://clinicmono.com/dental-implants for getting more details.