Have you heard of the revision Rhinoplasty procedure before? Did you know that revision Rhinoplasty is a critical and difficult procedure? We’ve researched it in detail for you; keep reading!
If you have previously applied for one or more nose jobs and haven’t achieved the desired result, you may have had a revision nose job. Rhinoplasty is one of the most complex surgeries among all plastic surgery procedures since the anatomy of your nose is more complex and smaller than other parts of your body. Compared to other aesthetic procedures, the revision rate in Rhinoplasty is exceptionally high. Even a qualified surgeon may notice deformities of the external shape of your nose or difficulty breathing. Even minimal errors during surgery can cause aesthetic deformations and functional problems.
A second surgical procedure is also required when the surgeon removes more or less tissue than it should. Revision Rhinoplasty can be much more complex and challenging than your first Rhinoplasty. The surgeon’s experience becomes even more critical in nasal revision surgeries. This procedure requires more experience, knowledge and skills.
Who are Ideal Candidates for Revision Rhinoplasty?
You can easily benefit from Revision Rhinoplasty if you have performed Rhinoplasty before and are unsatisfied with results in terms of aesthetic appearance or health due to incorrect application.
How is Revision Rhinoplasty Performed?
- Revision Rhinoplasty surgery takes an average of 1 to 4 hours. Often you will receive general anaesthesia.
- The revision Rhinoplasty procedure is more complex than your first surgery. It will always be a more complicated procedure to intervene, solve and correct your deteriorated nasal anatomy. Our surgeons prefer the open Rhinoplasty procedure to clearly see the bone and cartilage structure of your nose and intervene more easily.
- In Revision nose surgery, our surgeon separates your nose skin from your bone and cartilage tissues through your nostrils or with different methods. The following steps depend on the revision plan. In other words, the procedure will take shape according to your needs. Our surgeon places your skin back on your nose and closes it with incisions when your operation is complete.
- Before revision Rhinoplasty, our doctor will analyze your results in the first surgery very well. In general, revision surgeries will require cartilage placement for your nose because the cartilage tissue removes in the first surgery.
The Process of Recovery After Revision Rhinoplasty
You will also have a recovery period after revision Rhinoplasty. What you need to pay attention to in this process is similar to your first surgery. In your recovery process after revision Rhinoplasty, you should pay attention to the following:
- Your pain, swelling and bruises will be less than your first surgery.
- You should take a break from strenuous activities and exercises for 2-3 weeks.
- One week after the operation, our surgeon will remove your splints and sutures.
- The average time to return to your everyday life is one week.
- Exposure to sunlight should be avoided, especially during the first few months after the operation.
- You should be very careful to protect your nose from impacts such as accidents and impacts.
If you consider the revision of Rhinoplasty in Turkey, you can contact us immediately and talk to our specialist surgeons. Click for details: https://clinicmono.com/rhinoplasty-turkey/