Otoplasty in Turkey
Otoplasty, also known as ear correction surgery, is a surgical procedure in which the shape, angle, position and balance of the ears are re-arranged and re-shaped according to the expectations and needs of the patients. Situated in the sides of head, ears’ unwanted shape may affect the aesthetic appearance and confidence of the individual on a large scale; otoplasty provides a very comfortable procedure and good results.
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for Otoplasty?
Otoplasty surgery can give very effective and satisfactory results for people who are not happy with the appearance of their ears; still, the most important step while thinking about having a otoplasty surgery Turkey is the consultation session done with the plastic surgeon. The reason why the consultation is very important while deciding whether the patient is a suitable candidate for otoplasty surgery is the fact that it covers all the medical history and the current medical state of the patients, expected results from the otoplasty surgery and the otoplasty treatment plan that is specifically designed for the patients.
People who are uncomfortable with the shape, angle or position of their ears; people who have large ears comparing to their head size, people who experience prominent ear condition or had an unsuccessful ear surgery before are the most suitable candidates to have otoplasty surgery.
Stick out look of ears
The outer ears have a certain degree range for them to have a more aesthetic look and if that degree is beyond this range, ears may look “stick out”. With otoplasty, this condition can be fixed. Otoplasty is also effective for fixing the asymmetrical ears; it can be performed for one or both ears in order to obtain a symmetrical result.
Otoplasty surgery can be performed for people whose ears have reached to their full size, which is normally after age 5.
Otoplasty Cost Turkey
One of the most popular countries for otoplasty surgeries is Turkey for the cheapest rates and the most successful results; otoplasty Turkey treatments are opted by a high number of international patients for the advantageous prices and a high-standard medical experience.
There are many factors that can be effective on otoplasty cost; the most important one of these factors is the treatment plan that is designed for the individual medical condition of the patients. In Clinic Mono, along with your consultation, a personalized treatment plan will be designed for your Otoplasty surgery; our surgeon will ask about your medical history and expectations from this operation and will create the most suitable treatment plan for your individual condition. You will be informed about otoplasty cost covering all the package details by our medical consultants after your consultation.
What Are the Advantages of Otoplasty Operation?
Otoplasty is a very safe and successful surgery that is beneficial for fixing the problems related to ears appearance in both children and adults. This operation can be performed for people whose ears have achieved their full size.
With otoplasty, not only protruding ears but also variety of issues about the ears appearance can be repaired. Thanks to the highly developed medical techniques and technologies, otoplasty has a very high success rate. In addition, incisions of otoplasty are hidden in the natural folds of ears which means the operation does not leave any scar behind.
Ears are a very prominent part of our body and therefore any problem related to the appearance of the ears can affect the self-confidence and thus social and professional life of an individual. After achieving the ideal shape of their ears with otoplasty surgery, patients state that their self-confidence is restored and they are much more comfortable in their social and professional lives.
Incisions are made behind the ears; during otoplasty, cartilages in your ear is reshaped according to the treatment plan made beforehand. Any excess skin or cartilage is removed if it is necessary. The incisions are closed up by sutures.
Depending on the suitable technique for the individual condition of patient, techniques to perform otoplasty may vary.
Operation is performed under general anesthesia. Otoplasty surgery takes around 1-2 hours; however, depending on the selected technique and the details of the procedure, this duration may change.
Recovery After Otoplasty
- After otoplasty you will wear a bandage over your head covering your ears in order to protect the new positioning of your ears. This bandage will protect your ears from the external damages and support their new shape and position; it is essential especially in the early period of the recovery.
- It is normal to feel pain, bruising and swelling in the ears and head after otoplasty surgery; you will be prescribed with proper medication to minimize the side effects. In order to control swelling, you are advised to rest your head over your chest level.
- Incision scars of otoplasty should be taken care of as instructed to avoid any infection.
- In the first week after the operation, heavy physical activities should be avoided. Until the full recovery is achieved patients are advised to be careful with their physical activities to prevent the ears from any external damages. It is also advisable to be careful while wearing top clothes in the early periods of recovery as they are very likely to rub the ears.
- Usually patients can get back to work a week after otoplasty; however, it also depends on the type of your work. Please consult to your doctor about when exactly you can get back to work.
- Otoplasty results are permanent; after all the swelling and bruising disappears, patients can enjoy their life-long otoplasty results.
In Clinic Mono, we provide our patients with the most comfortable otoplasty treatment journeys; all the details about your journey is arranged by the dedicated Mono team. In order to get further information about otoplasty and other procedures, please contact us now; our medical consultants are ready to reply all your inquiries, get you an individualized treatment plan and give you details about otoplasty cost.
- Procedure: Rearranging the shape, angle, position and balance of the ears.
- Surgery Duration: 1-2 hours
- Hospital Stay: 1 night
- Recovery Time: 1-2 weeks
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia